Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Chicken Florentine

My review of this recipe from Paula Deen: Chicken Florentine

My family and i usually just love all of Paula Deen's recipes, but this was was not such a big hit. Dh said it was "okay", but i seriously doubt if i make it again. This was the first time i have ever used curry powder in any recipe and i guess we are just not curry people. The taste was subtle and the dish was definitely edible...just not a huge hit. Dh had seconds, so it had to be decent :)



i made homemade bread sticks (trying to recreate Olive Garden's - 1/2 successful) and a green salad with hard boiled eggs for dh to top his with to go along with the meal. My kids were less than thrilled to have this for dinner, basically because of the looks. I have to say, i loved the spinach and the chicken, i just didn't care for the subtle undertone of curry. If i make this again, i will leave out the curry.



I halved this recipe, and i used chicken thighs instead of breasts, five of them.



Here is a pic of our dinner tonight: (ignore the mismatched plates)


2 comments:

Candi said...

I've never made anything with curry. If it calls for it, I've always left it out. Dh says he doesn't like it, but I don't think I've ever tried it.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!