I almost always plan menus, otherwise i am a basket case trying to figure out what to feed my family. i NEED my lists ;) With my busy schedule with three kids in soccer, church functions, my husband and oldest daughter hunting (yes, it is archery and muzzleloading season), i have to be organized or my household falls apart and none of us are happy campers. On top of all those reasons, if i don't menu plan, my grocery budget goes through the roof! and we can't have that! Here is what i have planned. i was trying to stay very frugal this week and i only had to buy two items of meat!!! How cool is that?! I bought one cutup chicken and one pound of hamburger and that should do me for 7 meals! Here is my menu in no particular order as to the day of the week we will eat it:
- Wild Rice Chicken Soup (with lots of veggies and barley, Homemade Old Fashioned Oatmeal Bread.
- Pinto beans with green chilis over rice topped with diced tomatoes and cheese, a recipe of Katie's.
- Spaghetti, homemade french bread with garlic butter, meat sauce and salad (if i go and pick up the fixin's for salad - i never buy salad stuff until the day i need it, otherwise it may go rotten in my fridge because i don't use it fast enough).
- Chicken Casserole, steamed broccoli, corn on the cob, fried cabbage
- Poppyseed Chicken, broccoli and cheese, buttered carrots
- Marlboro Man Sandwiches from here, sour cream potato casserole. I will let you know how the sandwiches are. they sure look good!!!
- Lentil-Spinach soup from Katie again. I am willing to give it a try. Don't know how well my family will like it though :). I will make this along with some homemade french bread with some good butter.